Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Teavangelist

Those who know me well know that my first and truest beverage passion is tea. I am extremely adamant about using the right kind of tea and about brewing it correctly; teabags are right out, and if I catch you steeping your tea for too long I will scold you (steeping too long makes the tea bitter and kills the subtle flavors of the leaf). We Americans are especially erroneous in our preparation of tea - a British friend confided that she was appalled by it. So my next few posts shall be devoted to the knowledge and proper preparation of tea.

1 comment:

The Vrugginks said...

I want to know how to make yummy tea! All I know how to do is put a bag in water. Teach me oh wise one! :) I want to have a tea party for my youth group girls in January and I want to do it right!